Skip to main content

The ache of loneliness

There’s a writing tool that I use again and again to shift from head to heart energy. I just write “what I really want to say is....” and it drops me down to a deeper place every time. Sometimes I have to write it in capital letters to get my attention.

This morning I wrote a piece about the shape-shifting capacity of the capitalist system. It’s good; maybe I'll post it tomorrow. But what I really want to say is... I’m feeling an ache of loneliness today beneath the physical security of “sheltering at home.” I miss my son, I miss my brother, I miss my friends -- even though I can “see” anyone I want on a screen. Sadness is showing up and may be settling in for a long visit. And at the same time I am feeling deeply connected at the heart level to so many people, including people I don’t even know.